Careers at Idaho Public Television
Idaho Public Television is an agency of the State of Idaho and is affiliated with the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS). IdahoPTV serves Idaho citizens statewide with offices in Boise, Pocatello and Moscow.
Non-Classified Position Available (Boise or Pocatello)
Community Teacher Ambassador
Open for Recruitment: October 13, 2016 - October 23, 2016
Salary: $21.00 per hour - Plus Competitive Benefits
Special Notice: This position is exempt from classified state service and the rules of the Division of Human Resources and the Idaho Personnel Commission.
Idaho Public Television is seeking a dynamic, collaborative life-long learner who is also an experienced, tech-savvy K-12 educator with a passion for using digital technology and media.
This non-classified, limited-service position is funded by a multi-year grant.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
The teacher ambassador will be expected to collaborate with station staff, brainstorm new approaches, and provide feedback as the teacher voice at IdahoPTV. The project focus will be on increasing teacher engagement, student achievement and community connections.
- In consultation with the station staff, develop and execute local engagement activities that achieve the project's objectives within the teacher community.
- Identify new areas of opportunity for sharing resources.
- Train and mentor teachers on how to integrate digital curricula, lesson planning tools and other educational technology products into their classrooms.
- Communicate feedback to stakeholders and make recommendations that build on successes and target areas for improvement.
- Actively utilize multiple digital platforms to engage and grow connections within the local teacher community.
- Serve as a mentor to new and struggling educators in the local community.
- Facilitate conversations with local educators and schools.
- Bachelor's degree in education or educational technology
- Must hold a current Idaho Standard Elementary Certificate (K-6) or Standard Secondary Certificate (6-12)
- Experience sharing content and ideas through social media.
- Experience developing innovative teaching practices that integrate digital media and technology in the classroom
- Masters' Degree in education
- Two years' experience teaching in a school with
- High percentage of Title I school-wide programs
- High percentage of school age children living below the poverty line
- Experience developing and making presentations to peers or community groups
- Experience developing procedures for programs
- At least one semester using PBS Learning Media or equivalent and evaluating its effectiveness in the classroom
- Educational technology coursework or experience
To learn more about us, visit http://idahoptv.org and click on "Jobs" in the footer.
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents to Tony.Howard@idahoptv.org
- An up-to-date resume detailing your qualifications for this position
- A cover letter expressing your reasons for applying for the position
Thank you for your interest in Idaho Public Television
At the discretion of the appointing authority, compensatory time off may be provided in lieu of overtime cash compensation.
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. In addition, preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact us.
Closing date: October 23, 2016