This past weekend, Idaho Public Television kicked off its annual fundraising campaign FESTIVAL 2009. Along with a myriad of projects (see below for more), it's fair to say that life at Idaho Public Television is hopping!
In these turbulent times, there are great opportunities for the services that Idaho Public Television provides. Our content - from educational programming to new media services - provides insight and perspective to these historic times. And I believe that IdahoPTV is rising to meet these un-paralleled opportunities.
We are doing all of this aided by the collective efforts and contributions of more than 22,000 people across Idaho.
One of the things I have always enjoyed about our March fundraiser is the opportunity to meet and talk with hundreds of dedicated volunteers. They come to our studios representing a diverse cross section of community service-minded companies and organizations with one thing in mind - to do their part to ensure the success of IdahoPTV.
I am surprised at their comments about the need for Idaho Public Television in these historic times.
Festival is always part reunion, part revival and part reconnection with our mission, and I'm proud to be participating in it again.
Here's a rundown of some of our current projects:
- analog television shutdown on June 12;
- budget deliberations of the Idaho Legislature through the lens of IDAHO REPORTS (Friday evenings);
- digital television "fill-in" translator service recently enacted by the Federal Communications Commission for areas like Idaho City, Emmett, Wood River Valley, Glenns Ferry, Portneuf Valley, Boise Front and Harris Ranch;
- DIALOGUE (March 12) interview with Guantanamo defense attorney and Idahoan David Nevin);
- D4K 10th ANNIVERSARY (March 1);
- IDAHO LEGISLATURE LIVE coverage of the Idaho House, Senate and JFAC;
- PATHWAYS OF PIONEERS: IDAHO'S OREGON TRAIL â€” AN OUTDOOR IDAHO SPECIAL (March 5);
- KEVIN KIRK & ONOMATOPOEIA TAPED LIVE AT THE EYPTIAN THEATRE (March 5);
- And our growing presence on social networking services, including:
Posted in |