DIALOGUE'S Lincoln Quiz
Our guests — Dave Adler, Lisa Brady, and David Leroy — challenge you to test your knowledge of our 16th president. Watch the Web Extra for the answers.
Dave Adler's questions
- Name the member of Lincoln's cabinet (and his office) who was known for "Seward's Folly."
- Who was Lincoln's Attorney General?
- Whom did Lincoln appoint as Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court?
- Did Lincoln, through his Emancipation Proclamation, free "all" of the slaves?
- Did Lincoln believe that the President possesses the Constitutional authority to initiate war on behalf of the United States?
Lisa Brady's questions
- Near what town was Lincoln born?
- What church did Lincoln belong to?
- What were the three issues Lincoln based his first state legislature campaign on?
- What did Secretary of War Edwin Stanton say upon Lincoln's death?
- Artist Chris Killham completed and revealed today (2/12) a portrait of Lincoln for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum. What medium did he use?
David Leroy's questions
- How many men and women did Lincoln appoint to Idaho Territorial office while he was President?
- Lincoln spoke about the Idaho Territory in 1863 and 1864 messages to Congress. Name the four issues he identified.
- Lincoln was the 16th President. Who was the 15th and who was the 17th?
- How many cases did Lincoln try during his career as a lawyer?
- How many children did Abraham and Mary Lincoln have and how many survived into adulthood?
Joan's bonus questions
- How many inches wide is the glint in each of Abe's eyes on Mt Rushmore - 10, 20 or 30?
- What three careers did Lincoln follow prior to becoming a lawyer?
- Daniel Chester French, the sculptor of the Lincoln Memorial, carved Lincoln's hands in a specific shape for a special reason. What are the shapes and why that way?
Return to the "Abraham Lincoln's Legacy" page