Dr. Roger Olson's Relationship Quiz
When entering a relationship:
1) You should be aware that . . .
- The other is responsible for treating you well and making you happy.
- Your main concern is to help the other be a better person.
- Desperation and passion are one and the same.
- Truth and love need to be in balance.
2) It is best to look for someone who . . .
- Will complete you.
- Has common interests and values.
- Can validate your existence.
- Will light your fire.
While in a relationship:
3) Building a friendship . . .
- Is a positive byproduct of falling in love.
- Just happens.
- Is an essential skill that needs to be constantly developed.
- Takes place over time by communicating consistently.
4) The key to healthy communication is . . .
- Assertively voicing your opinion first
- Taking time to cool off for as long as necessary, even if it is days or weeks.
- Agreeing to disagree but letting the other know they are wrong with your body language.
- Seeing the validity of each other's perspective and honoring it even when you disagree.
When ending a relationship:
5) The factor that predicts relationship doom and disaster is . . .
- All the above
6) After a relationship has ended, it is very important to . . .
- Quickly enter another relationship in order to get support.
- Keep yourselves very busy so you don't have to think of the pain.
- Reduce changes in your life and take time for soul searching.
- Vow to never enter another relationship.
Go to Answers | Go to Dr. Jensen's quiz | Go to Relationship Cures page