PRESS RELEASE — Friday, April 11, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Historian Goodwin on April 18 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, April 18, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, April 20, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
In conjunction with the April 15 premiere of the Ken Burns film THE ADDRESS, which commemorates the 150th anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, host Marcia Franklin interviews Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and Lincoln scholar Doris Kearns Goodwin in an encore presentation of DIALOGUE this week.
The interview will air Friday, April 18, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT and repeat Sunday, April 20, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT.
During the interview, which was recorded at the Sun Valley Writers' Conference, Goodwin discusses her 2005 book “Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln,” a biographical portrait Lincoln and some of the men who served with him in his cabinet.
THE ADDRESS airs Tuesday, April 15, at 9:00 p.m. MT/PT, followed by the film Lincoln@Gettysburg at 10:30 p.m. MT/PT.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.