PRESS RELEASE — Thursday, September 22, 2011
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Labrador Makes First Appearance on DIALOGUE Sept. 29
— Airs September 29 (Thursday) at 8:30/7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats October 2 (Sunday) at 5:30/4:30 p.m. MT/PT
On September 29 Idaho's newest congressman makes his first appearance on DIALOGUE. U.S. Rep. Raúl Labrador talks with host Marcia Franklin about his first nine months in office and takes questions from viewers on the statewide public affairs program.
Labrador, an immigration attorney and former Idaho state representative from Eagle, was elected to Congress in November 2010. The Republican is serving on the House Committee on Natural Resources and House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. The 112th Congress has been dominated by fiscal issues as the federal government struggles with its growing debt. But social concerns are also on the docket, and national groups have asked Labrador to speak on immigration issues.
Viewers are encouraged to call during the live Thursday program with their questions or comments on a toll-free line: 1-800-973-9800. Emails are accepted before the program at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Dialogue Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dialogue. There is no call-in segment on the Sunday (October 2) repeat at 5:30/4:30 p.m. MT/PT.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air broadcast on Idaho digital sub-channel 1 airs Thursdays at 8:30/7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:30/4:30 p.m. MT/PT, on channels 12-KUID/26-KCDT, 4-KAID/13-KIPT, and 10-KISU. Analog signals remain available through cable and satellite and many translators; consult local suppliers for channel numbers.
- High-definition over-the-air broadcast on HD digital sub-channel 2 airs Thursdays at 9:30/8:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays 8:30/7:30 p.m. MT/PT, on channels KUID-12, KCDT-45, KAID-21, KIPT-22 and KISU-17. The high-definition broadcast also is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcast airs on World digital sub-channel 4 frequently throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. The standard-definition broadcast also is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming from idahoptv.org/dialogue is available in high-bandwidth or low-bandwidth format. Windows Media Player is required; a free download is available. DIALOGUE also is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org).
- Video download from idahoptv.org/dialogue; ultra-high bandwidth required.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- NPR News 91 audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.
- KISU FM audio-only airs in Eastern Idaho. Mondays, at 6:30 p.m. MT.