PRESS RELEASE — Friday, August 22, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Playwright Samuel Hunter on August 29 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, August 29, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, August 31, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
On the August 29 edition of DIALOGUE, host Marcia Franklin talks with playwright and Moscow native Samuel Hunter. Hunter was the recipient of a 2011 Obie Award, the equivalent of a Tony Award for off-Broadway works, for his play A Bright New Boise. The program first aired in May 2012.
The show repeats Sunday, August 31, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT.
During the interview, Hunter talks with Franklin about the themes of his works, his style of writing, and the influence of Idaho in his plays.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.