PRESS RELEASE — Tuesday, October 9, 2012
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Author Amy Waldman Interviewed on Oct. 12 DIALOGUE
— Airs October 12 (Friday) at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats October 15 (Sunday) at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT
On this week’s DIALOGUE, host Marcia Franklin interviews award-winning author Amy Waldman in the second of four new “Conversations from the Sun Valley Writers’ Conference.”
Waldman is a former reporter for the New York Times and the author of last year’s bestselling novel, The Submission. The book tells the fictional story of a Muslim architect who wins a competition to design the 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero.
The Submission was a finalist for the Hemingway Foundation/PEN First Fiction Award, a New York Times Notable Book for 2011, one of National Public Radio’s 10 Best Novels, Esquire’s Book of the Year, and Entertainment Weekly’s No. 1 Novel of the Year.
Since 2005, Franklin has interviewed nearly 30 authors at the Sun Valley Writers’ Conference, considered one of the most important gatherings of writers in the country.
More information about Franklin’s “Conversations from the Sun Valley Writers’ Conference,” including past interviews, can be found at: http://idahoptv.org/dialogue/sunvalleywriters
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a flash player.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose "Programs" and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Video download from http://video.idahoptv.org; ultra-high bandwidth required.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- NPR News 91 audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.