PRESS RELEASE — Friday, April 4, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Poet Naomi Shihab Nye on April 11 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, April 11, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, April 13, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
In conjunction with this month's celebration of National Poetry Month, host Marcia Franklin interviews Palestinian-American poet, essayist, novelist and teacher Naomi Shihab Nye in an encore presentation of DIALOGUE this week.
The interview will air Friday, April 11, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT and repeat Sunday, April 13, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT.
The interview took place in 2012 and is part of Franklin's “Conversations from the Sun Valley Writers’ Conference” series. Franklin talks with Nye about her beginnings as a poet, the influences on her work, her tips for writing, and the role of poetry in society.
A resident of San Antonio, Texas, Nye is the author or editor of more than 30 works of poetry, fiction and essays.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.