PRESS RELEASE — Monday, August 26, 2013
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Aug. 30 DIALOGUE Features Writer Naomi Shihab Nye
— Airs Friday, August 30, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, September 1, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
This week DIALOGUE features an encore presentation of host Marcia Franklin’s interview with Palestinian-American poet, essayist, novelist and teacher Naomi Shihab Nye.
A resident of San Antonio, Texas, Nye is the author or editor of more than 30 works of poetry, fiction and essays. Franklin talks with Nye about her beginnings as a poet, the influences on her work, her tips for writing, the role of poetry in society, and her thoughts on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
The August 30 show and September1 repeat is from Franklin’s 2012 “Conversations from the Sun Valley Writers’ Conference.”
Since 2005, Franklin has interviewed nearly 30 authors at the Sun Valley Writers’ Conference, considered one of the most important gatherings of writers in the country.
More information about Franklin’s “Conversations from the Sun Valley Writers’ Conference,” including past interviews, can be found at: http://idahoptv.org/dialogue/sunvalleywriters.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.