PRESS RELEASE — Friday, November 9, 2012
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
DIALOGUE Talks With Special Master Of September 11th Victim Compensation Fund
— Airs November 16 (Friday) at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats November 18 (Sunday) at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT
On this week’s DIALOGUE, host Marcia Franklin talks with attorney Kenneth Feinberg, the special master of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund and the administrator of the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Trust and the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund at Virginia Tech.
The Idaho Public Television-produced program airs Friday (November 16) at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT and repeats Sunday (November 18) at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT.
Mr. Feinberg also has served as special master in the Agent Orange, TARP executive compensation, asbestos personal injury, Dalkon shield, and DES (pregnancy medication) cases.
The two discuss how Feinberg found himself developing the field of mass tort compensation and what factors he took into account when designing the programs he has administered. They also talk about how the nature of his assignments affect him, whether there is a role for government in compensating victims of disasters and whether he thinks the funds he has administered are appropriate models for the future.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a flash player.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose "Programs" and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Video download from http://video.idahoptv.org; ultra-high bandwidth required.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- NPR News 91 audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.