PRESS RELEASE — Friday, November 16, 2012
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
DIALOGUE Talks With Author Tim Egan; Who Is Featured in Ken Burn’s THE DUST BOWL
— Airs Friday, November 23, at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, November 25, at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT
This week’s DIALOGUE with host Marcia Franklin is an encore presentation of the interview Franklin conducted with author Tim Egan. The show airs in conjunction with the broadcast of Ken Burns’ new PBS documentary, THE DUST BOWL.
Egan, a New York Times columnist, is the author of the book, The Worst Hard Time, in which he interviewed survivors of the Dust Bowl era and which won the 2006 National Book Award. Egan is also featured in the Burns documentary.
DIALOGUE airs Friday (November 23) at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT and repeats Sunday (November 25) at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT.
In addition to discussing the research he conducted for his book, Egan and Franklin also talk about the changing demographics of the American West, a region he covers for the New York Times.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a flash player.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose "Programs" and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Video download from http://video.idahoptv.org; ultra-high bandwidth required.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- NPR News 91 audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.