PRESS RELEASE — Friday, January 31, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Author Richard Russo on February 7 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, February 7, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, February 9, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
In an encore presentation, DIALOGUE host Marcia Franklin talks with Pulitzer Prize-winning author Richard Russo. Russo, known for illuminating the interior life of small-town America, has written 10 books, including Nobody's Fool (1993), Straight Man (1997), Bridge Of Sighs (2007), and Empire Falls (2001), which won the Pulitzer Prize in 2002.
Franklin focuses her interview on Russo's 2012 book, Elsewhere: A Memoir, the story of his complicated relationship with his mother and her influence on his personal life and writing.
The two also discuss the themes of his novels, what it's like to write screenplays, and a special cause of his, promoting hospice care and an understanding of end-of-life issues.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.