PRESS RELEASE — Friday, February 21, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Behind the Scenes at ‘POV’ on Feb. 28 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, February 28, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
In an encore presentation, DIALOGUE host Marcia Franklin interviews Simon Kilmurry, executive director and producer of the PBS documentary film series POV.
During the show, which airs Friday, February 28, at 7:30 p.m., they discuss how POV films are chosen for the series and the state of independent non-fiction film. The show's regularly scheduled Sunday afternoon repeat is preempted by FESTIVAL 2014 programming.
POV, which stands for “point of view,” is the longest-running showcase for independent non-fiction films on television. Kilmurry has been with the series since 1999.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.