PRESS RELEASE — Thursday, October 17, 2013
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Human Rights Activist Morris Dees on Oct. 25 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, October 25, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, October 27, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
On this week’s DIALOGUE, host Marcia Franklin talks with human rights activist Morris Dees, the co-founder of the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Dees, an attorney, is known for his cases against white supremacist groups. He led the civil lawsuit in 2000 against Richard Butler and the Aryan Nations in Idaho, which ultimately bankrupted the group. Franklin asks Dees to reflect back on that case, talks with him about the other human rights issues in which he has been involved since then, and asks him how he views the civil rights landscape at this time in American history.
Dees was this year's University of Idaho College of Law's Bellwood Memorial Lecturer. Franklin last interviewed him on DIALOGUE in May 2001.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.