PRESS RELEASE — Friday, May 23, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
‘The Making of Bravo!’ on May 30 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, May 30, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, June 1, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
In an encore presentation that airs Friday, May 30, at 7:30 p.m., DIALOGUE host Marcia Franklin continues her conversation with Eagle, Idaho, filmmakers Ken and Betty Rodgers about their documentary, Bravo! Common Men, Uncommon Valor. The film chronicles the experiences of Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 26th Marines at the Siege of Khe Sanh in Vietnam. Ken Rodgers served with Bravo Company at Khe Sanh, as did another guest, Steve Wiese.
The DIALOGUE program, which originally aired last November, repeats Sunday, June 1, at 5:00.4:00 p.m. MT/PT.
During her interview, Franklin shows clips from the documentary and focuses on how the couple produced the film without having prior experience, including how they financed it. She also talks with Wiese about why he wanted to be in the documentary, and gets his advice for talking to returning veterans.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.