PRESS RELEASE — Friday, January 24, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
FRONTLINE’S Michael Kirk on Jan. 31 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, January 31, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, February 2, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
In an encore presentation, DIALOGUE host Marcia Franklin interviews Michael Kirk, a former Idahoan and producer/director for FRONTLINE on PBS, the network’s premier documentary series.
Kirk, who began his broadcast career at KUID, Idaho Public Television’s station in Moscow, has been with FRONTLINE since its inception in 1983. He has produced more than 200 national television programs and is the recipient of every major award in journalism. The show airs Friday, January 31, at 7:30 p.m. and repeats Sunday, February 2, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT.
Franklin talks with Kirk about his most recent documentary for FRONTLINE, “League of Denial,” which examines an alleged cover-up by the NFL about the numbers and severity of concussion-related injuries in professional football.
The program airs in conjunction with the NFL's Super Bowl, which will be played February 2. In addition, “League of Denial” will air Tuesday, January 28, at 10:00 p.m. on Idaho Public Television’s main channel and Friday, January 31, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT on the World Channel (subchannel 4).
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.