PRESS RELEASE — Friday, July 18, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
‘Behind the Story’ With FRONTLINE's Michael Kirk on July 25 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, July 25, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, July 27, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
On the July 25 episode of DIALOGUE, host Marcia Franklin talks with Michael Kirk, a producer and director for FRONTLINE on PBS since its inception in 1983.
Kirk’s 2013 documentary for FRONTLINE, “League of Denial,” has just been nominated for an Emmy Award in the News and Documentary category. The program examines an alleged cover-up by the NFL about the numbers and severity of concussion-related injuries in professional football.
During the show, which repeats Sunday, July 27, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT, Franklin and Kirk discuss his career, including his start in Idaho at KUID, the public television station in Moscow. They also talk about how he chooses the subjects for his documentaries.
Kirk also talks about his most recent documentary, “United States of Secrets,” which investigates increased secrecy in the Obama administration. He also reflects on the current state of broadcast media.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.