PRESS RELEASE — Friday, July 25, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Boise Author Kurt Koontz on Aug. 1 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, August 1, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, August 3, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
On the August 1 edition of DIALOGUE, host Marcia Franklin talks with Boise author Kurt Koontz about his book, A Million Steps, which chronicles his journey along the Camino de Santiago trail in northern Spain. The program airs at 7:30 p.m. and repeats Sunday, August 3, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT.
The 500-mile route, known colloquially as “The Way,” was originally a trek made by Catholic pilgrims to the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral, believed to be the burial place of St. James, an apostle of Jesus. Today, 200,000 seekers a year from all backgrounds traverse the path.
Franklin talks with Koontz about why he decided to take the journey, what he learned along the way, and why he wanted to write a book about his experiences. In a Web Extra available online at video.idahoptv.org, Koontz shares tips for walking the Camino, and describes the process of writing and publishing his book.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.