Curvy Beaks |
Wings: Shapes and Spans
Can You Pass the Parts? |
worksheet 1 - solution
You can certainly learn a lot about a bird by looking at its feet. Birds
have a variety of feet that come in many shapes and sizes. The type of feet
a bird has depends greatly on the food it eats and where it lives.
- identify feet belonging to raptors and
- determine the uses of feet for raptors and non-raptors
time to make sure that your students understand:
- the importance of the shape and size of bird feet
- how birds use their feet for survival
- the differences between feet belonging to raptors and non-raptors
Allow students time to work through the activity sheet.
Once students are done, discuss the activity and clarify any questions.
created by BLM Snake River Birds of Prey NCA staff, 1997. Boise, ID. On
activity sheet the top illustration is © of The Science Series: Birds
by J. Moore and M. Evans, 1995. Evan-Moor Corp, Cleveland, OH. The bottom
illustration is © of Wise as an Owl by L. Langelier, 1992. The Peregrine
Fund, Inc., Boise, ID
. Reproduced with permission from both parties.