IdahoPTV Home > The Idaho Debates 2014
The Idaho Debates
With candidate filing complete, the Idaho Press Club, the League of Women Voters, and Idaho Public Television are ironing out details for primary contest debates.
Seven dates from early through mid-May have been identified for the televised debates among primary candidates seeking public offices in this November's elections.
Starting May 1, candidates for various state offices are scheduled to meet in public debates broadcast by Idaho Public Television. The state offices include governor, school superintendent, Supreme Court justice, controller, treasurer, lieutenant governor, secretary of state and attorney general.
Candidates for one federal office — Idaho's 2nd congressional district — are scheduled to debate on May 11.
All primary debates will be held in the studio at Idaho Public Television in Boise.
- The tentative schedule is as follows (all times are MT/PT):
- Thursday, May 1, 8:00 p.m. - Republican attorney general
- Friday, May 2, 8:00 p.m. - Republican controller
- Friday, May 2, 8:30 p.m. - Democrat treasurer
- Thursday, May 8, 8:00 p.m. - Republican school superintendent
- Friday, May 9, 8:00 p.m. - Supreme Court
- Friday, May 9, 8:30 p.m. - Republican lieutenant governor
- Sunday, May 11, 7:00 p.m. - Republican 2nd Congressional District
- Tuesday, May 13, 7:00 p.m. - Republican secretary of state
- Wednesday, May 14, 8:00 p.m. - Republican governor
Partners in The Idaho Debates include the League of Women Voters, the Idaho Press Club, Idaho Public Television, The Associated Press, Boise State Public Radio, the Newspaper Association of Idaho, the Idaho State Broadcasters Association, The Idaho Statesman, KBOI-TV and KIVI-TV.