IdahoPTV Home > The Idaho Debates 2014
Thursday May 1, 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
C.T. "Chris" Troupis
Lawrence Wasden (i)
Friday, May 2, 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
Brandon Woolf (i)
Friday, May 2, 8:30 p.m. MT/PT
W. Lane Startin
Thursday May 8, 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
Friday May 9, 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
Joel Horton (i)
Friday May 9, 8:30 p.m. MT/PT
Brad Little (i)
Sunday, May 11, 7:00 p.m. MT/PT
Mike Simpson (i)
Tuesday May 13, 7:00 p.m. MT/PT
Wednesday May 14, 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
C. L. "Butch" Otter (i)
(i) indicates Incumbent
(*) indicates non-partisan race; results in this Supreme Court race are final.
The Idaho Debates
For more than three decades, Idaho Public Television has been Idaho's ‘station of record’ for candidate debates. Ahead of the May 20 primary election, we continue that tradition with debates for statewide and federal offices.
Starting May 1 and running through May 14, Idaho Public Television will host and broadcast public debates for one federal and eight state primary election contests. All debates will take place at the IdahoPTV studio in Boise.
NOTE: Because we currently lack the ability to close caption a live online (non-broadcast) video stream, online video of each debate will not be available until after we have access to the archive files.
Rules & Criteria
Each election cycle the Idaho Debates partners — Idaho Press Club, League of Women Voters, and Idaho Public Television — establish criteria for participation and a standard format for the debate itself. These Rules & Criteria are sent to all candidates. View the Rules & Criteria.
Partners in The Idaho Debates include the League of Women Voters, the Idaho Press Club, Idaho Public Television, The Associated Press, Boise State Public Radio, the Newspaper Association of Idaho, the Idaho State Broadcasters Association, The Idaho Statesman, KBOI-TV and KIVI-TV.
- Television: Watch the debates live on Idaho Public Television. View schedule: [Mountain] [Pacific]
- Radio: Boise State Public Radio will air 4 of the debates (Supt. of Public Instruction, 2nd Congressional District, Secretary of State, and Governor) on Boise State Public Radio in southwest Idaho.
- Online: You can watch archived versions here after they air.
- View past debates
- Find more info on the Secretary of State's Elections Website
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org