PRESS RELEASE — Wednesday, April 17, 2013
For Information Call Anne Peterson at 208-373-7368
or Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Idaho Public Television Garners Seven Regional Emmy Nominations
Idaho Public Television has received seven Northwest Regional Emmy Award nominations.
The award winners will be announced during the June 15 Northwest Chapter of National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS) Emmy Awards ceremony at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle.
- Idaho Public Television, Peter W. Morrill, general manager; Station Excellence category.
- OUTDOOR IDAHO “Salmon River Lodges & Legacies,” John Crancer, producer; Historic/Cultural — Program/Special category.
- OUTDOOR IDAHO: A SAWTOOTH CELEBRATION, Bruce Reichert, executive producer, Pat Metzler, director-videographer; Historic/Cultural — Program/Special category.
- D4K “Animal Migration,” Joan Cartan-Hansen, producer/writer; Health/Science — Segment category.
- OUTDOOR IDAHO: IDAHO GEOLOGY, A CONVERGENCE OF WONDER, Bruce Reichert, executive producer, Pat Metzler, director–videographer; Health/Science – Program/Special category.
- OUTDOOR IDAHO “Idaho Salmon,” Aaron Kunz, producer/writer; Public/Current/Community Affairs — Program/Special category.
- OUTDOOR IDAHO: 30TH ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN, Jim Stoner, producer; Promotion — Program — Campaign category
Also during the June ceremony, IdahoPTV producer Joan Cartan-Hansen also will receive a Silver Circle Award. The award honors Cartan-Hansen’s more than 25 years in the television industry and her contributions to openness in government.
IdahoPTV is a statewide public television system with transmitters in Coeur d’Alene, Moscow, Boise, Twin Falls and Pocatello-Idaho Falls, plus a network of 43 translators to extend the signal beyond the transmitter areas.