1) Because Williams was born in Mississippi in 1911, what themes and topics might he address in his plays?
2) As the biography says, when he was working as a shoe salesman, he met a young man named Stanley Kowalski. What significance might this name have?
3) Based on the website's description of him, what kind of life do you think Williams had? Was he happy? Unhappy? What makes you say this?
4) What other playwright does the website mention as having an influence on Williams' life? The website says that "many people believe that Tennessee used his own familiar relationships as inspiration for the play."
5) What kind of relationships do you believe he might include in this play? Note-this is just a fun guess! Don't worry if you don't know.
6) How many plays did Williams write? How many Pulitzer Prizes did he win?
7) How did he die?