Meet the Teachers
WHAT AM I?
1. I never sleep.
2. I have no arms.
3. I have no eyes.
4. I have no ears.
5. I have no legs.
6. I lay eggs.
7. At birth I am clear to opaque and very small.
8. I do not age.
9. I can live for a long time. (15 years)
10. I have over 1000 species in the world.
11. I am cold blooded.
12. I have 2-5 pairs of hearts.
13. I have both male and female organs.
14. I catch no diseases.
15. I breathe through my skin.
16. I can eat up to my own body weight per day.
17. I have no teeth.
18. I am very strong and muscular.
19. I am a tireless worker.
20. I have a big appetite.
21. I am a natural, perfect recycler.
22. I will eat your garbage and help the environment.
23. I turn your garbage into valuable fertilizer.
24. My castings increase the amount of nutrients available to plants.
25. I mix up the soil.
26. I aerate the soil.
27. My enemies are frogs, moles, man, centipedes, and birds.
For additional lesson plans and ideas relating to this topic and many others try TeacherSource at PBS Online! You will find activities, lesson plans, teacher guides and links to other great educational web sites! Search the database by keyword, grade level or subject area! Mathline and Scienceline are also great resources for teachers seeking teaching tips, lesson plans, assessment methods, professional development, and much more!
The Idaho 2000 National Teacher Training Institute is made possible through the efforts of