Policy Pages and Articles
What is going on in Early Childhood Development today? Below are links to sites and individual articles that should help you get informed and get involved!
- Governor’s Coordinating Council
for Children and Families
offers information on the groups’ goals and various task forces, as well as providing
access to articles on Public Policy that affects children.
- Foundation for Bright Futures:
Final Reports of the National Governors Association Task Force on School Readiness.
- Kids Count Census Data Online gives interactive access to statistical
information that was gathered in a study sponsored by the Anne E. Casey Foundation.
View regional profiles, create rankings based on different population indicators
or take a look at the raw data.
- InsureKidsNow! is a site put up by the Department of Health and Human
Services that is dedicated to “Linking the nation’s children to health insurance.” Find
information on the possibilities in your state.
- The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare’s site on Children’s Health Insurance offers information on the different insurance programs available for children,
from Medicare to Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- IdahoKidsCount is a “statewide, nonprofit organization engaging citizens
and policy makers in non-partisan, research-based discussions of strategies
to improve childhood outcomes and our public priorities for accomplishing them.” Visit
their site to learn more about what they do and what is going on with early
childhood development policy.
- National Institute for Early Childhood Education Research
- Talaris Research Institute