Planned Gifts

For more information on planned giving, please contact:
Ron Pisaneschi, General Manager
Ron Pisaneschi
General Manager
Idaho Public Television
1455 N. Orchard St.
Boise, ID 83706
Office: (208) 373-7220 or
(800) 543-6868
Fax: (208) 373-7245

Donate Now!

Charitable Remainder Trust

Supplement your retirement plan

Charitable remainder trusts are irrevocable, separately administered trusts established by an individual. Trust payments are provided to the individual and/or other named beneficiary (ies) for life or a term of years (not exceeding twenty), whereupon the remaining assets are distributed to Idaho Public Television.

A charitable remainder annuity trust pays a fixed amount each year. This distributed amount cannot exceed an amount that would likely exhaust the trust assets during the anticipated term of the trust. The amount payable from an annuity trust does not change.

A charitable remainder uni-trust pays a fixed percentage (at least 5%) of the fair market value of trust assets, as valued annually. Because the value of assets can be expected to change from year to year, the uni-trust payment will vary in amount each year. Additional contributions may be made to the trust after it is established.

Cash and marketable securities are excellent vehicles for charitable remainder trusts established with Idaho Public Television as beneficiary. The type of trust selected will depend on your needs, financial objectives, and charitable goals, as well as the nature of the asset utilized to establish the trust. Charitable Remainder Trust and Deferred Gift Annuities are generally utilized when gift amount or assets value in the hundred thousand and above level, making them attractive to some individuals.


A tax deduction is allowed at the time of you create your trust.

The uni-trust provides a flexible rate of return and can have additional gifts added to it from time to time.

Idaho Public Television is not a tax advisor. To maximize the benefit of your gift, please contact the services of a professional tax or financial advisor.