IdahoPTV Home > Idaho Experience
"Pioneers of the Air"
When the first commercial airmail pilot took to the air in Idaho in 1926, it didn't take long before many realized airplanes could open the state to a world of possibilities.
But before Idaho could reap the benefits of flight, the state needed airports, runways, and pilots who could navigate miles of desert and wilderness. Find out how early pilots took on Idaho's rugged landscape.
IDAHO EXPERIENCE is a new series produced by the award-winning team at Idaho Public Television. We bring to life the stories of the extraordinary people and defining events that have shaped Idaho's past and present.
- Anne Voillequé and Louise Nelson
- Judy and Steve Meyer
- Richard K. and Shirley S. Hemingway Foundation
Produced in Partnership with the Idaho State Historical Society
Preview of "Pioneers of the Air"
We Sagebrush Folks: Annie Pike Greenwood's Idaho
- Forgotten Neighbors: Idaho's Chinese Immigrants
- Taking the Reins
- Idaho's Clearwater River Log Drive
- Kinne Kidnapping
- Mount St. Helens Eruption
- Preview of "Taking the Reins"
A Little Las Vegas in North Idaho
- Borah Peak Earthquake
- Idaho's First Potato King
- Idaho's First Serial Killer
- Idaho's Hell's Belle
- Olympic Skier Gretchen Fraser
- Perrine Bridge
- World's First Chairlift
- J.R. Simplot
- Joe Albertson
- From Idaho City To Hong Kong
- Man Who Saved A Town
- Series Overview